You know that super yummy salad you get at some Japanese steakhouses or hibachi restaurants? Well, I have been CRAVING it all month so I thought I would post a copy cat recipe for guys that is budget friendly and good for you! I have made this a few times now and the ingredients always change a bit, but that’s why this recipe is so quick and easy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- High Powered blender – I used my Ninja and it worked fine
- Iceberg Lettuce – Any lettuce works here, choose a spinach mix if you want something more nutritionally dense
- Pre-packaged Broccoli Slaw – *optional* Contains a mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red cabbage
- Cucumber – *optional* I used this as a topping, be creative, add any salad veggies you like
- 2 Carrots
- 1 inch of Ginger – I used fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- Shallot – Any kind of onion works here, I used some green onion and red onion, its just what I had on hand
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbs Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup Rice vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Light oil of your choice – You want an oil that will not add any additional flavors, I used a light olive oil that I had on hand… Use water instead if you want to avoid oil and make this recipe even healthier
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: Put Carrots, ginger, garlic, onion, oils, tamari, and rice vinegar in blender. Blend until smooth. Add more light oil or water if the mixture is too thick. Taste as you go, adding more carrot to mellow the flavor, or more ginger and sesame oil to enhance. Add to your favorite bed of greens for a delicious healthy salad. Enjoy!